From financial statement and tax return preparation to business advice and planning, no job is too small. Whether you want to know how to prepare an invoice or how much Capital Gains tax is payable on the sale of an investment property, we are here to assist you in every way possible.
We will help you with
- Streamlining your tax payment
- Lodging tax
- Advice on the best GST options
- Business advice for savings
- Business Planning
- Talk to the ATO on your behalf
At SJC Accounting we can assist you with the preparation and lodgement of a range of tax returns including: Individuals, partnerships, trusts and companies.
- We are experienced in many areas including rental properties, capital gains tax and the agricultural industry.
- Our constant training and education ensures we are up to date with all current tax legislation.
We understand that GST legislation is extremely complicated and is constantly changing.
- Most clients don’t have the time to keep up to date with all the legislation as they are busy with their business and personal affairs.
- We can assist with all GST questions you may have and provide advice on the best time to purchase items to minimise your GST for a period.
We can prepare your monthly, quarterly or annual Business Activity Statements including accompanying Instalment Activity Statements.
As GST legislation is consistently changing, we can ensure that your BAS’s are incorporating the current regulations.
We can use a numbers of ways to prepare your BAS –
- 1. Banklink – This is a program owned by MYOB which allows your bank statement to be electronically downloaded onto our program. This provides us with reliable, timely and accurate transactions in order to prepare your BAS
- 2. MYOB / Quickbooks / Xero – If you are using these accounting software packages we can extract the necessary information and prepare your BAS’s
- 3. Manual Paperwork / Spreadsheet – Some of our clients like to keep a ledger book or they just put all receipts into a folder and bring in each quarter, or keep an excel spreadsheet, which can be brought in for us to complete based on the information contained.
At SJC Accounting we don’t like receiving any nasty surprises and we know clients feel the same. As a result of this we like to offer our clients a review towards the end of the financial year to see how they are placed prior to June 30th.
- Most of our business clients use our services to prepare their Business Activity Statements which ensures that we have their financial information on hand at any given time. We can then review this information and either discuss with you in person, phone or email, where you are sitting prior to the end of the year and discuss different options that may be available to you in order to minimise your current year tax obligations.
- Understanding the rules and regulations that apply to self-managed super funds
- Using your Superfund as part of your personal tax planning
- Compliance including preparing your annual tax returns, and financial statements.
We will ensure that daily operations of your self-managed fund are made easy and worry free and that you adhere to the frequently changing SMSF regulations.
At SJC Accounting, we understand that every business is different and no two clients are the same. Everyone will have different goals in both their business and personal lives so we can review each client’s situation to ensure that you are on your way to achieving these goals.
- This can include reviewing your current business structure to ensure it is the best for your needs from not only a tax perspective but also to provide as much security and safety as possible for your family.
- We are available to discuss any areas of concern that you may have in relation to your business from starting a business, comparing the ATO benchmarks against your own business performance, to succession planning.